Monday, March 13, 2017

Unforgettable Experiences/Activites

This part of the journal is the final chapter. Here, I will state the unforgettable encounters I had with measures of position. So, here I have many things.These are experiences that make mathematics fun and exciting!

The Unknown Path to the Destination
This was when Danielle and I were collaborating to answer our activity in mathematics. We discussed how to get the answer when there was even no formula discussed in the textbook. It seemed like it was up to us to discover. At first, it was really challenging and we had no idea where to begin. It was then we started to explore. In the previous lesson, it was discussed how to get the quartile value of the data using different formulas according to the total number of data. We tried to use those formula but with some variations. Since then, we learned how to get the percentile and decile value of the grouped data. After the activity, we then proceeded to answer some challenging questions in the unit test. There we confirmed further that our newly founded discovery was in fact correct. It was when we started playing, betting on who gets to get the correct answer first. It harnessed our skill to answer and even made shortcuts to answer the problems easier.
Lesson Learned: Be patient because every problem has a solution you will have to discover slowly. To make things lighter, learn how to appreciate even the hardest of problems.

The Sudden Realization
This was when I suddenly realized how to use these measures of position. The first time it was taught which was in 9th Grade Statistics, I never really had much idea on its importance. It was when we had our lesson when I realized how it is used and why to use it. A line in the learning module gave me a reason why to use these measures of position. 

For the Sake of Knowledge...and Research!
I realized that the measures of position can be very important in treating the data. It helps researchers know position of the data in a given set of values. Statistician may want to know the position of a value relative to other values and this is how the measures of position come in.


Other unforgettable experiences include the activities in the learning module that were really challenging. However, I know I'll eventually have more encounters with measures of position, or statistics in general especially when we have our research in senior high school or in college or even beyond that point. At that point, I hope I will make more discoveries that would astound me and eventually increase my interest on this topic!

2 comments:

  1. Exemplary work!!!
    You are indeed a writer Reina. I can't find any other words but brilliantly done.
    Keep on Smiling God loves you!
    mamjoan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice blog Thank you provide important information and i am searching for same information to save my time Data Science online Training

    ReplyDelete